A learning community that seeks restoration of the heart, increased hunger and thirst for Jesus, and the fullness of relationship with the Lord Jesus in His Kingdom.
Since its founding in 2010, The Jacob Institute has been focused on the heart of the individual and is dedicated to fostering spiritual depth, inner healing, and maturity of the whole self as followers of Jesus. We nurture a sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s movement, encourage conversational intimacy with God, promote engagement with our own life story, connect with God through the spiritual practices, and foster an understanding of the greater 2000 year old historical context of the church through an interactive and challenging atmosphere.
The Jacob Institute's commitment to this vision is expressed primarily through spiritual retreats, book discussion groups, and The Jacob Academy. These act as a catalyst for restoration and transformation of the heart, and also equip you to experience the delicate balance of intimacy and action (being and doing) in the restorative and transformative process.
- Christ is our authority. He taught by example and ruled by love. He demonstrated His authority on the cross as He took upon Himself the curse by redeeming us from the curse. Authority was also given to Him by His Father at His ascension.
- Hearing God is essential. We value the written Word of God and the ability He possesses to express Himself today in the various ways found in Scripture.
- Healing and restoration of the heart are necessary for transformation. We value the restorative work of Jesus as found in Isaiah 61:1-3 and Luke 4:18.
- The diversity of the Body of Christ is beautiful. We respect and appreciate the unique spiritual background and walk of each person.
- The unity of the Body of Christ is encouraged. We will walk with each other and allow our spiritual journeys to intersect as iron sharpens iron.
- The heart and mind are indispensable. We pursue the restoration of heart and the nurturing of the intellect in the process of spiritual transformation.